Wednesday, November 30, 2011

THE RELATIONSHIP WITHOUT LOVE

When did you know you didn’t love me"? She said: “I don’t know if I've ever loved you”.


~ Billy Crystal as Harry in "When Harry met Sally"

He does all the things that you would never do. He loves me to, his love is true. Why can't he be you?

~ Patsy Cline


"My wife said to me as she kissed me good-bye: "Have a nice day". That's what the bank teller says to you. That's what you say to a customer. Shouldn't your wife tell you she loves you"?



~ Jeff Goldblum in "Into the Night"



"Now I'm praying for the end of time so I can end my time with you" !

~ Meatloaf from Bat out of Hell

If the seeds of destruction are planted in the Motive of your marriage, it's only a matter of time before you are in a relationship void of Eros (lust) Philia (sibling love) and maybe even Agape (a Divine Love). Often this relationship is the result of unintended consequences. Such as:

· We got married too soon
· She got pregnant and neither of us believe in abortion.
· I was not over so and so. (or I'm still not over so and so I thought they would change)
· Kids will settle him down.
· Maybe the financial situation will change.
· I was in love with the feeling of being in love.
· I'm better off as a single person.
· I didn't sew all of my "wild oats".
· They don't make me happy any more.
· They stopped filling my needs.
· I wanted to show the world and my ex, that I am desirable.
· I enjoy having someone to come home to.
· It was pre-arranged by our parents.
· I could do worse and I'm not getting any younger
· I wanted someone to bury me.



Had enough ???


For the myriad of reasons to break up a marriage; I can only think of a few not to.

I believe divorce is a sin and knowingly doing so would anger God.
The other person needs me and I took a vow. (My word is important to me)


It all boils down to: "How serious do you take marriage"?


NO MARRIAGE IS PERFECT. That's a good principle to keep in mind.

· People change.
· Couples change.
· The environment changes
· Religious beliefs change
· Physical conditions change.
· Mental stability changes.
· Some people cheat.
· Some people are never satisfied with one sex partner.
· People don't like being controlled.
· People can't read minds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home