Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Japan 2011



I was in Japan in the late 70's playing my heart out. I think I left my heart in Japan. The culture, the People, the respect, the love, You've almost never seen anything like it. I predict the Japanese people will be back on their feet in no time. This is a RESILIENT culture. Unlike Haiti where the Island looks almost the same as it did after the quake, the Japanese people know what they have to do and are not wasting any time doing it.

I feel like my observations of the Japanese are almost racist. When you consider other cultures that sit and wait for someone else to take care of them, it's hard not to feel that all humans are not created equal. (See Albert Schweitzer's comments in his 1961 book "My African Notebook".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home