Wednesday, April 18, 2012

IT'S ALL ABOUT LOVE













IT’S ALL ABOUT LOVE

How does anyone know what love is?

L is for the way you “LOOK” at me…..
O is for the ONLY ONE” I see……
V is “VERY VERY” Extra Ordinary
E is “EVEN” more than anyone that you adore
- Nat King Cole

That doesn’t help me. I think if you had parents that loved you, as in,”only a mother could love” It would come easier. My parents died when I was young so I have to read about it in sappy novels or listen to “ballads” OR:

The Dictionary - Definition of LOVE
1
(1): strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties (2) : attraction based on sexual desire: affection and tenderness felt by lovers (3) : affection based on admiration, benevolence, or common interests b : an assurance of affection
2
: warm attachment, enthusiasm, or devotion
3
a : the object of attachment, devotion, or admiration b (1): a beloved person : darling —often used as a term of endearment (2) British —used as an informal term of address
4
a : unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another: as (1) : the fatherly concern of God for humankind (2) : brotherly concern for others b : a person's adoration of God
5
: a god or personification of love
6
: an amorous episode : love affair
7
: the sexual embrace : copulation
8
: a score of zero (as in tennis)
9
Capitalized Christian Science: god



Then you read The Holy Bible in Corinthians Chapter 13 where Paul writes:
The Excellence of Love

1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.
4 Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, 5 does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, 6 does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8 Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part; 10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away. 11 When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known. 13 But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.


Man, this kind of Love sure doesn’t meet any of the Webster definitions! What about Gandhi’s saying that man can not love and hate at the same time? He claims life is one indivisible whole. He says you can’t do good things in one aspect of life and try to do bad things in another. I don’t get it. Paul says in essence: If you do loving things, but don’t have Love (The noun) then: “I am nothing” or “It profits me none”. Gandhi says: If I hate something, it is impossible for me to love something else.


The Author Matthew Kelly writes: “We love people and use things”(Never to be confused)


Love is more than mortal man can describe. Love is all or nothing at all. Love is a Paradigm.
John 3:16 is on posters seen at sporting events and revivals. It tells of God’s love for the world that He sacrificed His own Son so man could have everlasting life. Ironically, John (The Apostle) wrote in his 1st letter, I John 3:16 – “We know love by this that He laid down His life for us; and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren”.

Love carries the commitment “To die for”. If you love someone, you should be willing to lay down your life for them. Do you have that kind of love in your heart? With that description of love, can you honestly say you love chocolate? If you died and were standing at the throne of judgment how could you prove you had “Love” in your life? The more I understand love the less I believe it has anything to do with accomplishments.


Peter wrote: “Faith without works is dead”, but what about Love? Must I die for the brethren to prove my love? I was willing to lay down my life for my country when I served in the military. Can I say I loved my country? (I literally ducked under bullet fire)

The ultimate question is this: “Would you give your heart so someone else could live”? That is real LOVE. Many proud Heroes of the Armed Forces have thrown their bodies on grenades to save their fellow troops. That is real LOVE. Love demands courage.

The more I study love the more I begin to see the Bible’s definition of love as this tremendous FORCE that is a giant glowing power that resides in the soul of the righteous. It’s a power that consumes your actions, thoughts and existence. Could real LOVE be your connection to the after life? Are we here to cultivate this power? George Carlin, before he died, said he thought God was a giant pulsating Orb. Of course George thought it was just a secular non-judgmental creature. I’m beginning to think that God is the source of the power of Love and just as Intel chips are found in many computers; the essence of God can be found in the human soul that has searched for real Love .







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home