Monday, January 28, 2013

God's Guinea Pigs


In Job 37:5 Elihu says to Job: ““God thunders with His voice wondrously, doing great things which we cannot comprehend

In Proverbs 3:5 Solomon says: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart

And do not lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.

So if I’m not smart enough to understand the ultimate will of God, how can I be guilty of disobedience?  If I can’t lean on my own understanding; how will I know when to leave the flooded roof top?  I guess in the end it’s not what you do as much as the intent behind your actions.

After my last Album (Which BTW was really well produced), my Thoracic Outlet Syndrome went into the advanced stages.  Is this irony or what?  I can barely use either of my arms.  I use to be able to bench press over 200 pounds.  Now I have to lay down after bringing in a 20 pound bag of dog food.  I can barely hold my Cherry Red Sunburst Les Paul.  I’m supposed to go to a disability hearing in March.  I guess whatever happens, happens.  I’m done blaming people, the government, my DNA or God.  I understand that life is not fair but it is God’s plan for his followers. 

 I have come to accept that “Free Will” only enables us to view our perception of right from wrong (The key word being perception) and select our response based on that perception. 

 Sometimes having a relationship with Christ means having to lay down a bunt (to move the runner from second over to third base). Instead of trying to drive him in with an RBI or a two run homer.

Sometimes it means sitting on the bench because there is a right/left handed pitcher on the mound.  We’re told in James 4:6 that: “God is opposed to the proud, and gives grace to the humble”.   The cure to pride is humility.  I guess pride comes in all shapes and forms.  Yet, we are not to lean on our own understanding.  Perhaps I will dedicate the rest of my life to blissful ignorance.  Yeah that sounds like a plan.  Thank you for letting me pontificate.  Now back to filling boxes. 

Oh wait, (Speaking of boxing) one last analogy, Life is like a boxing match.  It doesn’t matter how many times you get knocked down, but rather your ability to get back up. 

 

Laus Deo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home