Friday, December 07, 2012

LOVE-Such an abused word

At times when I hear people respond to the question: "How are you" (Or god forbid, How do you do) I cringe when I hear the ignorant response: "Good".  

People, "good" is an adverb.  Your are good at "doing" something.  How are you is asking for your current state.  Your reply should be an adjective.

The correct answer could be, "I am fine" or "I am well"

The word "Love" on the other hand is so ambiguous it's used for airplane glue. "I LOVE that brand of glue".  "I Love the Jersey Shore".  "I Love talking about myself" I Love capitalizing the word Love". 

People, Love is not a verb.  It isn't a higher form of admire, like or lust for.  Are you ready for this?

Love is.....

noun
1.
a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.
2.
a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.
3.
sexual passion or desire.
4.
a person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart.
5.
(used in direct address as a term of endearment, affection, or the like): Would you like to see a movie, love?

verb (used with object)
1.
to have love or affection for: All her pupils love her.
2 
to have a profoundly tender, passionate affection for (another person).
3 
to have a strong liking for; take great pleasure in: to love music.
4 
to need or require; benefit greatly from: Plants love sunlight.
5 
to embrace and kiss (someone), as a lover.
I oppose all of the above.  I offer a definition based on a higher level of quantum Vibration.
 
BTW, I speak German and have a bad habit of capitalizing Nouns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home