Wednesday, April 19, 2006

What a Pleasure......................

It was that I had today meeting Art Wiggs, the owner, proprietor and Luthier of Wings Guitar Products. This womderful gentleman is going to make me a guitar one of these days. He apparently hand makes guitars for the Gretsch Company here in America. He's also gone to Japan to supervice the QC of guitars made in Gretsch's oversea plant. He's freinds with Brian Setzer, Fred Gretsch, Andy Kramer, you name em, he's probably met them and built or fixed a guitar for them.

Art helped me out by selling me som "vintage Gold knobs" for my new 6120 Gretsch. It's a "Brian Setzer" signature model, of which I'm in the process of converting it to an "Ace Andres" signature model. So I had to replace the dice Brian uses for knobs, and the good people at "first place" in Sunnyvale, are engraving a shiny new truss rod cover plate that will read "Ace Andres Model" . And If I"m lucky, I'll find a Nashville pickguard on ebay that will fit my setzer/Andres model. Art says their really hard to find ones that fit. As they are all different sizes. I had a great talk with Art. Met his grand children, that are ever so polite.

It was a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home