Sunday, April 09, 2006

Sunday Sermon..... The courage to forgive

To be forgiven; we must learn to forgive those who have wronged us. End of Story!


In the book of Matthew Jesus tells a parable (or story) of a slave that owed the amount of 10,000 talents to his master. A talent translates into today economy to be about 2 thousand dollars. So 10,000 times 2000.00 equals about 20 million bucks.
(what a great line of credit) But the servant gets on his knees and pleads with his master not to sell his family into slavery. The master has a heart and fogives him of his debt. (he skates on a 20M debt)

The first thing this slave does is he goes out and finds a fellow slave that owed him money. He owed him 100 denarii. (equivalent to about 20 bucks) His fellow slave thru himself on the ground and begged for forgiveness and pleaded for mercy, saying he would repay his debt. (sound familiar) But the slave would not hear it and had his debtor thrown in prison until he paid off the debt. When word got back to his lord, He was filled with anger and handed the wicked slave over to the torturers.

When you think about the price of salvation and compare it to the wrongs we've been dealt, you see the injustice. 20M vs. 20 bucks. This life is short, and if you have certain people in your own personal prison of unforgiveness, you only keep yourself from true righteousness.

So to all my outstanding offenders that haven't come to me asking for forgiveness, I forgive you. All the people from my ex-wife that did the most hanous things to me, to co-workers and bosses that stabbed me in the back for political gain, to envious musicians that speak falsly of me, and to those who actually robbed me and stole my personal possesions; I forgive you. And though your issue is no longer my concern, you now have God to deal with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home