Monday, April 03, 2006

Talented Jack-asses..............

I was listening to Harry Belafonte today and couldn't help but love his song, "Jump in d' line" "Shake, Shake, Shake Sanora, Shake your body line" . I love that song. But Harry Belafonte has become this terrible anti-America Jack-ass. Do I now have to dislike the song? No. But it makes me uneasy. Just like that little creep Sean Penn. Boy how I'd like to kick his ass. But he's really a good actor. I'm a huge M*A*S*H fan . (most of you know that I was a medic in the war) Inspite of what an Idiot that bleeding heart liberal B.J. Honeycutt (Mike Farrell) turned out to be.

But what do you do? I know personally, I don't confuse their politics with their art. There are liberals in the music Industry that do treat me with a certain amount of disrespect because I'm not a liberal, pot smoking, anti-american, Bush hating bedwetter like they are. Yes you know who you are.

It's wrong. NObody hates liberals more than I do. But that doesn't mean that I hate the person or their work. It's like Jesus and His love for Sinners. He HATES the Sin but loves the Sinner. Same here.

It almost reminds me of Barry Bonds. Voted by his peers as the most hated athelete. Actually he was a runner up to Terrell Owens, but we'll cut Owens some slack because of the age difference and the Steroid issue. In this case, the scandal has made the person. Therefor, I find it hard to find respect for Barry Bonds. Especially after he stood by and accepted the praise from his god-father Willie Mayes and even Hank Aaron, then shoved the anabolic knife in their backs.

I think my good buddy Terry Anderson who's sort of liberal but (I think he's a neo-con that doesn't know it)He wrote a song with NBRQ guitarist Al (no relations)Anderson called "Stay away from your Heroes" (They'll only let you down) . This is so true. With the exception of Dick Dale and Neil Young, most of my Musical heroes are not the kind of people I would want to go on a cruise with. And by the same token, is it fair to put expectations on people that you admire? The stories I've heard about Chuck Berry seem to make Michael Jackson seem like an altar boy. The other living guitar hero I referrence would be Eddie. And even Valerie said she loves him but he just has problems. (Jimi being the 3rd) .

When it comes to political endorsements, I really don't give a rat's ass about what Danny Glover, Joan Baez or Mike Farrel say. Should one of them become the next Ronald Reagan (ya right) then I'll listen. Until then, it's just 2nd rate grandstanding. To quote one of my favortie Political Rock personalities, the late Joey Ramone, "We could have won the war in Vietnam had it not been for a**holes like Bob Dylan and Joan Baez.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home