Tuesday, April 11, 2006

BICH # 25


I was selling some of my SHTUFF on EBAY that I never play. Just sold
my back-up Wolfgang (the Ivory one) and I was going to sell my old
B.C.Rich BICH . I knew it was old because I bought it in 1981. And
I bought it used then. So as I was about to do the usual fact
gathering stuff to put this babe on EBAY, the first thing I did was
checked the head stock for a serial #.

All it said was bich 25 .


So I emailed BC Rich to find out WTF? I actually got an email from
Neal Moser the original designer for BC RICH who said:

I designed the Bich in September 77. The first batch was started in
October. I believe there were 30 or 40 built in the first run. This
is the highest number yet to be located, so I believe there were at
least 30. They were built between October and December so they would
be ready for introduction at the Jan 78 NAMM. So, you own Bich #25.
The second run was numbered our traditional way with the 5 digit
numbering system.


So I guess it's a historical piece and I'd probably never get what
it's worth. Anyway, just a reminder, if you have a bunch of gutars
in your collection (I think I have 23 or 24) Check the serials on the
used ones. Ya never know, ya know?

Ace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home