Saturday, April 15, 2006

Little China..................

Sometimes I feel like I live in "Little China". I actually live in the heart of Silicon Valley in the South San Francisco Bay Area. To the east of me is San Jose. Driving along downtown San Jose is much like driving in Ensenada or Mexico City. I guess you can call that little Mexico. Across the Bay in Oakland the ethnic make up is and has been for about 20 years 65 per cent black. Little Africa. In Fremont California, the 2000 census says that Fremont has the 3rd largest Indian population outside of Bombay and New Delhi. Little India. It's also the largest Persian population in California.

So the neighborhood I live in is a very clean Asian Neighborhood. To the south it becomes Vietnamese. The closer you get to my area, it becomes Korean. Just west of here it's definately little China.

I've walked around little Africa, Little Mexico and Little India. I feel safest here in little China. Too bad I can't afford little western Europe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home