Sunday, January 22, 2006

Meeting Bill Graham...............


Meeting Bill "Wolfgang Grajonca" Graham (not Billy Graham the Evagelist) was one of the most unexpected pleasures for me. I have a fond yet sad memory of meeting Mr.Graham. In August of 1991 I was backstage at an Eric Clapton concert in the Oakland Arena. This was a huge event as Phil Collins, Nathan East and Greg Phillingames were touring as Eric's band. Back stage I also got to meet Carlos Santana as well as the chance to exchange unpleasantries with Neal Schon. (That's a whole nother blog in itself)

Well after the show, I was sitting on the back of(actually I was just leaning up against it) a seafoam green convertable XKE Jaguar v-12. A guy in a brown tattered leather bomber jacket came up to me and said, "hey you're sitting on my car". I looked up and Yup, Bill Graham of all people. I said I was sorry and shook his hand. I said, "Hey, someday you'll be managing me" (in a cocky sort of rebuttle). But it wasn't to be. 2 months later on October 25th, Bill died in a Helocopter crash near Vallejo California.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home