Friday, October 28, 2005

ID Theft OnLine........................

I heard a recent report that over 55 percent of all homes are connected to the internet. ID theft has become a rapidly growing concern. Over 50 percent of internet users say they have altered the way they surf the net. 25 percent say they no longer buy on-line or have limited their on-line purchases.

Having heard this; I went to my credit card company to view my bill. I found a leach sucking my account for (thankfully only ) 9.00 a month. For nothing...... I clicked on a "coupon" at Allposters.com for an additional 10.oo off of my order. Unbeknown to me, I was signing up for a special "Reservations Reward" Scam. That was `16 months ago. Needless to say I had less than civil words for "Reservations rewards" who promised to reimburse me the 165 bucks they stole from me. But how in the hell did they get my CC #? It could have only have come from Allposters.com whom I presumed was being cautious with my CC info.

Do your self a favor and check your CC Statement thouroghly. In my case, my wife pays the bills. She doesn't question the 2 digit purchases here and there. But over the course of a year, it adds up.

Be sure and clear your computer of temporary pages and cookies. (especially the cookies)


Ace out.................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home