Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Ace's HIdeaway.............


Sometimes, when the world gets really really hectic; I need to retreat to my private place in my mind that escapes both the physical world and current time coordinates. I try to think of a time from my childhood when my whole family was happy. Usually this scene is choreographed by Dean Martin on the stereo. All I have to do to get there, is start humming "Volare, oh oh, E Contare, oh oh oh oh, Nel blu, dipinto de blu. Felice de starre lassue"

Then everything seems well again. There's the smell of home cooking in the air. And life is like an episode of "Leave it to Beaver".

I've recently made a mix that takes me back to my little league days that includes some of my favorites:

Dean Martin:
Volare
Return to me
Inamorata (translated - "sweetheart")
That's Amore
You're nobody til' somebody loves you
Take me in your arms


Duke Ellington- Take the A-Train

Glenn Miller- Moonlight Serenade

Louis Armstrong- La Vie En Rose

Charles Trenet - Le mer

Bobby Darin - Somewhere beyond the Sea

Bobby Vinton - Blue Velvet

Maurice Chevalier - Thank Heaven for little girls

Bobby Darin - Mack the Knife

Neil Sedaka - Breaking up is hard to do (slow version)

Tony Bennett - I left my heart in San Francisco

The Inkspots - I don't want to set the world on fire

What mom? I don't wanna go to bed. The inkspots album is next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home