Monday, July 11, 2005

Flies in my eye, oh my, oh my..........

Back in March of 2004 when I was setting up my recording equpment in the Washington "Aceland" Studio, an accident occured that changed my life. (not for the good either) . I had just set up all of the speakers and microphones and I was going to test it out for the first time. So I grabbed my Stevie Ray Vaughn Strat, and flung that baby over my shoulder. Well, to my surprise, in Washington, they still put light fixtures in the middle of the ceilings.

I heard a loud crash. And. (like a fool) I looked up to see what it was. I tilted my head up just in time to catch a plate of glass (the corner edge mind you) right in the bottom of my left eye socket. Well, I raced to the nearest mirror to see if my eye was laying on my cheek as I had expected, only to find that indeed, the glass landed right on the boney upper part of my cheek, then slid under my left eyeball. ouch.

4 hours later, I'm leaving the ophtalmologists office. The accident jarred everythink loose in the back of my eye. So for days, I would see what appeared to be flocks of birds flying back and fourth across my left field of vision. Well, a year and a half later, I still keep waving at flies that don't exist. The real problem is, when real flies do exist, and I ignore them thinking they're "floaters". Then they land on my eye and I freak out.

Anyway, that was just a story for those of you that don't think being a musician is such a dangerous job.


Ace out....................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home