Wednesday, June 06, 2007

I've heard it all now........


I was once told that an autograph is only worth the value of what it's written on. So long as it doesn't void what it was written on. In other words; a Joe Dimaggio autograph written on a napkin, is worth a napkin.

In College, I learned that a "widget" (a hypothetical creation) is worth whatever a person is willing to pay for it. And this explains why people will often pay 250 dollars for a napkin.

But I couldn't believe my eyes this morning. They recently exhumed the body of the Big Bopper (J.P. Richardson) and did a modern day post-mortem autopsy on his remains to rule out any rumors of a gunshot on board the plane the night the music died.

But what was increidible, was that the original coffin was listed on EBAY at a starting price of 249,999 US. You could own the coffin that the supposedly well preserved body of JP Richardson had laid in for 48 years.

I think that is incredible poor taste. It doesn't even qualify as a bad joke.

Yuk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home