Sunday, November 19, 2006

Ace's Sunday Sermon ~ Heaven

I wonder about heaven. Why do I need gates of pearls and streets paved in gold? Seems a bit decadent doesn't it? I guess the point being that what we value here on this hell hole is just another piece of whatever in heaven. Do you think if we/I make it to heaven, I'll get kicked out for wanting to listen to AC/DC?????

And what's with daylight 24/7? I don't know about you, but I kinda have gotten use to the contrast. My eyes like the evening. There's nothing like a moon reflecting off of the Monterey bay at night. I'm just being honest. These aren't reasons I wouldn't want to go to heaven. (when you consider the other choice) And will our bodies need sustanance like they do now? Will I be able to enjoy BarBQue ribs in heaven?

Preachers say that when you get to heaven, all of the issues you had here on earth you'll just forget about. And I tend to agree to a certain point. I wonder who will be there? Will I be the only person in heaven that looks like Blackie Lawless? (sorry Blackie, couldn't resist) Will I be able to ask George Washington if he thought anyone could be as dumb as George Bush and be re-elected? (wait, Richard Nixon.........) ah but I digress. And remember I'm a republican. I wonder if God had a plan B. Instead of the Garden of Eden, what if it had been a Southland mall? And Eve couldn't go into the "Victoria's Secret shop" ? Will we all get a chance to kick Adam's ass for eating the forbidden fruit? And would it have made a difference? What if just Eve ate it? Do you think God would have given man a break? Truth is, I think Eve took a bigger bite.

I know Stevie Ray will be in heaven as will Rick Derringer; but what about Jimi? Will my dogs Max, Aldo and Buffy make it to great beyond? Jesus said that there will be NO Marriages in heaven. So I wonder why God hates Divorce? Do you think there will be testosterone and Estrogen in heaven? Do you think the Angels will have an attitude towards us dead humans? Do you think your guardian Angel will have stories to tell you about all the messes he/she got you out of?

Personally, I think heaven will be like a job that you finally got that you love. I think it will be hard work in heaven but it will be work that is non-tiring. It'll be like managing the 27 Yankees.

I can't think of heaven without thinking of the parrable of the Twins. For those of you that missed out on this one, I'll republish it just for you. God bless you all.

The Parrable of the Twins:

Once upon a time, a set of twins were conceived.
Weeks passed and the twins developed. As their awareness grew, they laughed for joy: "Isn't it great that we were conceived?" Isn't it great to be alive?" Together the twins explored their worlds. When they found their mother's cord that gave them life, they sang for joy! "How great our mother's love is, that she shares her own life with us."

As weeks stretched into months, the twins noticed how much each was changing. "What does it mean?" one asked. "It means our stay in this world is drawing to an end." said the other.
"But I don't want to go," said one. "I want to stay here always." "We have no choice," said the other. But maybe there is a life after birth!" "But how can there be?" responded one. "We will shed our life cord and how can life be possible without it?" Besides we have seen evidence that others were here before us, and none of them has returned to tell us there is life after birth. No this is the end. Maybe there is no Mother after all."

"But there has to be," protested the other." "How else did we get here?" "How do we remain alive?" "Have you ever seen our mother?" said one, "Maybe she only lives in our minds. Maybe we made her up because the idea made us feel good."

So the last days in the womb were filled with deep questioning and fear.
Finally, the moment of birth arrived. When the twins had passed from their world, they opened their eyes and cried for joy - for what they saw exceeded their fondest dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home