Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Can you live in paradise?


On September 28th, 2006, I moved to a place I've long considered paradise; Monterey. I specifically moved to Del Monte Beach and have an ocean view from my windows.

But ever since the late 1980's when I first came to the majestically city by the bay, I've been blessed with a natural love for the nature and ocean. I love Star Trek and of course the Monterey Bay aquarium was featured in Star Trek IV "The journey Home". So it's not only majestic, but magical. I hope to someday run into fellow rocker Eric Burton. (of the Animals) I understand he lives here somewhere.

But the question that is on my mind is; Can you move to paradise? After a while will it quit being paradise. Is there a novelty factor that will wear off? So far my answer is no. This is the real thing. Every night when I get home, I'm welcomed by the sound of crashing waves against the beach. If I'm really stressed (as is the case constantly) I fall asleep on the couch in the living room that faces the ocean with the windows cracked.

In the dark of the morning when I leave my condo, I get to see the lights of the city reflecting off of the beautiful bay. Having lived in the San Francisco Bay area most of my life, I can authoritatively say that it can't hold a candle to the great awe that is the Monterey Bay.

I'm in love again. Only this time it's with my neighborhood. The people are very cool also.

The next time you visit Monterey California; email me. We'll have lunch at Bubba Gump's down on Cannery Row.



Ace out.......................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home