Monday, October 28, 2013

GOD

GOD
 
 
 
I believe in "The Higher Power".  Some call Him "Source Energy" The term "Great Divine" has also been used. 
 
But the concept of Free Will demands that we have an "Antagonist".  Some use the terms Satan, Lucifer or Beelzebub.  Let's just use the term "The Devil".  Be ye not deceived; the Devil is a formidable opponent.  He prowls around the planet like a lion looking to devour his prey. 
 
When I look back at some of the most thoughtless decisions I made growing up, I chalked it up to immaturity.  Recently Fox host Bill O'Reilly has been on a campaign blaming the breakdown of the family unit for the crime and violence in mostly inner city neighborhoods and I believe to a degree he is correct.  But in a land where "Free Will" is a coveted privilege, what makes fatherless boys choose violence over productivity?  Is it man's basic nature to hurt their fellow man?
 
I suggest that Satan or the Devil has a greater influence on the fatherless child than the mother alone.  I come from a very fractured home.  My mom died when I was 11 and my father passed when I was in the middle of the Pacific ocean in 1976.  I was still (In spiritual terms) a child.  I was lucky in that I had some positive influences placed in my life.  Leroy Stuckey got me Baptized at the age of 17.  Trust me, I had no Idea what I was doing nor did I have any concept or relationship with the Supreme Being or his Son.  But I went through the motions. 
 
I think I became a prime slice of beef for Satan as I made some hurtful, desperate, even "foolish" decisions that would have massive unintended consequences.  There were many times when my own stupidity could have landed me in jail.  But for some unexplainable reason, something would happen and I would be overlooked.  I called it luck back then, but as my spirit has grown, I realize that God must have seen something in this worthless human that wasn't so worthless. 
 
I'm not saying you should blame Satan for your poor decisions in life.  I'm AM saying Thank your Source Energy/Supreme Being/Creator/Higher Power or "God" for allowing you to continue in this learning experience we call life ~ Ace Andres

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home