Monday, December 03, 2012

Love, Lust and Friendship

Agape, Eros and Philia are 3 words used in the Holy Bible to describe love.
Agape is your love for mankind. It’s the reason you stop and call 911 to help a person laying on the ground.


Eros is Greek for Lust. It’s the root form of “Erotic”.


Philia is a combo word used to describe an attraction. It’s the root word in Philadelphia, “The city of brotherly Love”.


If you’ve followed my blog over the years you know I’ve explained these 3 definitions of love. I am going to devote the Café to those in need of emotional therapy. I hope once a week (or more) to write articles on aspects of love. It’s one topic that I’ve had a tumultuous experience with. If I can share my successes and failures with mankind I will have made a difference on this spinning orb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home