Monday, June 30, 2008

Money: It's just the way it is







Once I lived the life of a millionaire,
Spent all my money, I had not one care
Took all my friends out for a mighty good time
Bought bootleg whisky, champagne and wine.

Then I began to fall so low
Lost all my good friends, had nowhere to go.
I get my hands on that dollar again,
I'm gonna hang on to it till that old eagle grins.

Cause no, no, nobody knows you
When you're down and out.
In your pocket, not one penny,
And as for friends, you don't have any.


When you finally get back upon your feet again,
Everybody wants to be your good old long-lost friend.
Said it's mighty strange,Nobody knows you, Nobody knows you,
Nobody knows you when you're down and out.
***************************************************************
Why is it that money can make or break a person or a relationship? Often times it's totally out of your hands. But if you're steadily trading hours for dollars, then you're accepted. Nothing shows you what your relationship is like until you lose your income.

Ironically, Win the lottery and your friends come out of the woodwork.

So why shouldn't man have a "love" for money? It's true money can't buy you happiness. But poverty will buy you a whole lot of loneliness. You could be the nicest guy in the world but lose your job and you're among the "unfortunate". I bet it was easier when my ancestors were killing animals for survival. Nobody could take away your bow and arrow. But now, we do things the "White man" way. You have 3 choices, Work for the man. lol, Work for yourself by starting your own business, or work the system. ie, welfare, food stamps and section 8 housing.

All 3 have major drawbacks.

Working the system has no future.

Working for someone else has a dismal future

And working for yourself takes balls.

As more jobs get "outsourced" to China and Asia, the unemployment rate will continue to rise.

The Bible preaches: "The Love of Money is the ROOT of MANY Evils" (this is always misquoted) But in our time, money is no different from air, water, food and shelter. It's a need. I don't have a "love" for air. I don't have a love for "water". But take them away and see what happens. The same can be said for money. The response time is just longer. People have commited suicide over money. The biggest cause for divorce is money. (either making it or not having it) People are in jail for not paying the government their share of it.

It goes on.

What's my advise? Be a Millionaire. Read some Wallace Wattle books or Napoleon Hill books. But take as much of it as you can get your hands on. Remove the word greed from your vocabulary; and I'll tell you why. If you're in a position to make honest money. A lot of it. Do it. Don't stop when you think you have enough. I'm not saying be a miser. Give 10 percent away. But make all the money you're capable of making. Why?

Read the lyrics above again.



Ace out...........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home