Wednesday, October 17, 2007

BACK TO THE BARS

Yep, inspite of my greatest desires; I'm back to the bars. I'm predicting a fun evening for all, but you can never get the bad things out of your mind. My greatest annoyance is when that same faceless girl who's barely 21 comes up to me and says: "Do you guys know Brickhouse?"

Now if Vincent VanGough came over to your house to paint a special canvas painting for you, (a VanGough damn it) how do you think he would feel if you said to him:"uh by the way bro, do you think you could touch up the trim behind my toilet bowel?

I mean, I know the customer is suppose to be right, but come on; you're playing originals and KINKS covers and she wants to hear "BRICK FUCKING HOUSE" And if it's not Brickhouse it's "MUSTANG SALLY". This is what drives musicians away from playing in bars. I mean, I don't go over to my Jewish friends house for dinner and say "Ya guys know how to fix stuffed Pork chops"?

And then there's the over zealous police that survey the cars in the parking lot. Of course my van is always the easiest to notice since it's probably been there for 8 hours. (ya, usually from 7pm to 3am, like a real J.O.B.) So I get followed a mile from the bar. Drinking at the gig is totally out of the question. And who the hell can pass a physical sobriety test (hold this, count this many, touch that etc....)at 3:30 in the morning?

Ah now you know why musicians that make it big are so damn decadent in hotels. You just show up for a sound check. play your set, then slam down a shot of tequila in the back of a limo on the way to the hotel.

Until then it's complete sobriety while you're trying to get your money from the club manager. It's a great way to make a living ya know?


Ace Out........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home