Monday, January 15, 2007

Ace's Sunday Sermon -Monday edition I'm Spiritual but not Religious

What on earth is the point of being spiritual and not ackowledging your spiritual maker? To be honest, I don't think you have to be "religious" to make it to heaven. You DO have to understand that the maker of YOUR spirit controls the fate of your spirit. We ALL have spirits. We are ALL spiritual, just as we all breath air. We all are subject to gravity.

I'm spiritual but not religious is analogous to saying: "I have a brain, but I'm not intellectual", or "I have a car but I don't drive it" or " I'm a spouse, but I don't love my wife". Yes you have a spirit. Does your spiritual life consist of trying to talk to ghosts? Do you try to connect with the forces of nature? This is like the car owner polishing his finish or adjusting his rearview mirror but not turning the key. Your spirit is the part of you that will survive your physical death. And Paul wrote, (quoting Isaiah)

"AS I LIVE, SAYS THE LORD, EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW TO ME, AND EVERY TONGUE SHALL GIVE PRAISE TO GOD."

So all of you yoga practicing self-awareness spirits be advised. Your spirit is no more useful than your hands or feet if you don't ackowledge the purpose given for them. Ghosts aren't important. Prohets are not important. Knowing that all of them are from God IS important. Knowing that every knee shall bow on Judgement day IS important. Being born again in water IS important.

I'm spiritual AND I know that there is more to life than is humanly comprehensable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home