Monday, July 31, 2006

For the Record and For the Road...............

In 1971, I got my first car, A forest green 1968 Mercury Cougar *I loved it.
It got stolen about 8 months after I got it. And the insurance company replaced it with another 68 Cougar. Only this one had an aweful white "vynil" top . And it was a light metallic blue.

I joine the Navy in 73 and my dad sold the cougar. In the Navy, I bout a brand new 73 Ford Pinto. It was very cool for the time. Little did I know it would go down in history as one of ford's ghetto fabulous cars. 2 years later I traded it in for a 1971 Ford Mustang Mach II The long one. It was a lemon so it went back. I finally settled for a 1968 MBC/GT. I loved this car. I had it from about 1975 til 1980. I got married, had to lose the 2 seater and drove a Celica for a while. Finally in 1985, I bought a brand new Ford Bronco II. The Tonka toy. I hated it at first, then as I rebuilt almost everything in it, I grew to love it.

I lost it in the divorce in 1996 in which I was stuck with a 72 VW Bug. The bug blew up on me (literally caught on fire) so with the insurance money, I went out and bought a used 1978 BMW 320I. Another great vehicle. But 2 years late, the engine on that one blew on the way to church, so strangely enough, I found another one just like it for about 700 bucks. I drove that baby until I bought a fairly new Chevy Astro Cargo Van for the Band stuff. And that sits out in the driveway now next to the wife's 2004 Taurus. (she's from Detroit).

So there you have it. Every car I ever owned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home