Thursday, May 18, 2006

Outrage

I remember when gas was .29 cents a gallon. When I first got my drivers permit, I use to fill up my 1968 Mercury Cougar with GAs at twenty nine cents a gallon. The service station (as they were called back then) attendants use to wear uniforms and officer caps. They would check under the hood. NOT ASK YOU IF YOU WANTED THEM TO. They'd check the air in your tires. Your battery water. Your radiator water. Wash your windows and windshields (front and back) Then give you stamps you could redeem at a catalog store. * I got my first baseball glove with bluechip stamps.

Today I'm riding my mountain bike thru silicon valley. My tires are a little low on air. So I pull into the first "Gas Station" I see , A Chevron, .50 for air. The same at Shell, Valero, and Arco. Why or How can they charge $3.50 a gallon for gas then have the cahones to charge .50 for air.

OUTRAGOUS I TELL YOU.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home