Thursday, May 18, 2006

Why People Marry........................

These are some interesting speculations on what makes people marry each other:
(not in any order)
1. Sex , This is like buying a 747 jumbo liner because you like peanuts.
2. Money. I've heard, that old money marries old money. That's how 70 per cent of the wealth in this country is inherited.
3. Lonliness . Listen to the song "Personal Jesus"
4. It's our culture and what we grew up understanding. In fact, if you don't get married, there must be something defective about you. Right? (sarcasim here)
5. I need a maid.
6. I need someone to bury me. Believe it or not, many believe that there will be noone to put them in the ground if they die alone.
7. Love and Lust.
8. To have children
9. A public/symbolic statement of your dedication to another person.
10. The yin to your yang.
11. A tax deduction
12. To get health benefits
13. For citizenship
14. To replace the loss of a parent
15. To try and fix that parent thru someone else
16. As a form of rebellion. (Kids, take my advice, it's not worth it)
17. To have a date on federal Holidays.
18. Someone to babysit my kids from my first marriage.
19. Someone to remind me when I'm driving too fast or the AC is too cold.
20. Because they want to obey the commandments of the Bible and not live in Sin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home